Saturday, June 29, 2013

I feel happy and relevant

My journalist professor used to say that lifestyle writers can't be that pertinent--they report on the latest hotels, fashion items, and beauty products that are seemingly lame and do not have relevance to society, at least to the masses--unlike the daily hard news reportage on economy, tourism, and crimes. 

But now, I feel so "part of something". I feel "useful" after the news report on the death of three Filipino solons, who underwent stem cell therapy abroad, has gone viral. Apparently, I can relate with what's going on. And I somehow know the ins and outs of stem cell therapy after I feature a story on it published in our Lifestyle section. Haha! I feel so damn happy. That is why of all the coverages I attend, Well-being (and Travel hehe) are my favorites. 

No comments: