Monday, July 1, 2013

women as objects and why I don't wear shorts (that much)

Women flaunt and brandish what their mama gave them whenever they see someone attractive. According to personal experiences and online researches, women will walk across the room so the men they find cute can see what they got.

Women have always been the object, the painting, while the men are the player, the observer. Males are very visual, they adore gazing at women-- their breast, legs, hair, eyes, figure, feet--at a very obvious manner because apparently, they don't have an "encompassing visual capacity" (i coined this, lol). What I mean is they have to check out a girl, look at her from head to toe, and eventually get caught by the "object", unlike women who have "wider eye view", who can easily check out someone sans being obvious.

This is why I shy away from wearing short shorts whenever I can even if we're allowed to wear such in our male-dominated office. I also barely wear skirts, except when I run out of my jeans. I hate catching men looking at me. I loathe it when a guy looks at me from head to toe like I'm some kind of an alien. BUT, I can't help but wear cutout and sleeveless tops. Haha!  

Just this Sunday, we watched our male friends play basketball. I wasn't even surprised that most of the women who were watching the league were wearing short shorts and some, skirts. I kind of expected it. I think I was the only one in jeans.

thanks google for the photo
Every girl owns a pair of "perfect shorts", it is one of the easiest fashion items that go with anything. When I was in college, I had two bad experiences that opted me to veer away from wearing leg-baring bottoms. One, my family and I were in a grocery when suddenly my father kicked and punched a random guy who was apparently, checking me out. It made a fleeting commotion and I had to run away from the scene. The other experience was again, I was with my family doing grocery, a man was apparently smelling me from behind. I didn't notice it because I was busy choosing between dark or milk chocolate. This time, my father didn't punched the man, but scolded him. (Eh ang ganda ko daw eh anong magagawa ko? Charing!)


No comments: