Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thank you!

I would like to thank all the interesting and boring persons I get to meet *every day. Cheers to those dreamers and shakers who inspired me to be better, and thanks to those lifeless people I encountered for setting the example of what not to do.

(*Every day, by the way, is two words when you mean, each day. Apparently, a lot of people are confused with how to spell it.)

Thank you, Jas, a friend/colleague from Business World who inspired me to write--no matter how short or gibberish a topic may be--every day. Her blog sparked my interest of reviving this dying online notebook and my eternal love for writing on my journal. She too has her journal with her.  From this day forward, I vow to write, draw, doodle on every blank piece of paper. So don't throw that receipt or napkin, I might need them!

To sir Lito Cinco, an established Lifestyle and Sports writer, teacher, and PR practitioner, thanks sir! I look forward to sharing the same media coverage with you again. Sir Lito has been writing and contributing on daily newspapers and online publications, and these are what he taught me:

  • Always sit on the front row during press conference so you'll get the best view
  • Do not be afraid to ask, but of course, fire interesting and intelligent questions
  • Always be on time
  • Always think out of the box, think of a unique angle on stories (He once covered a bullfighting festival. And since this sport caters to the alpha males, his story focused on how it is to be a cowgirl instead. His interviewees were all chicks.)
  • Do not forget to bring notepads and books, just in case the coverage gets boring
...

And to you, dear 'un-passionate'  being, thank you for unconsciously teaching me how not to be unproductive.

Thank you very much.


No comments: