Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm still young

2025 – 2012 = 13 + 20 = 33

What the hell are these numbers? Basically, that is a computation on what the Earth would be like when I reached 33 years old. It’s because according to science experts, by the year 2025 there would have worldwide scarcity on water and even bald forestation.
Moreover, by the time my contemporaries and I reached 2030 (which means we’re 38 years old by then) there is a high possibility of low supply of fossil fuels, a kind of energy used by the country for electricity demands.  We recently experienced a one-day Metro Manila blackout because of a typhoon and it totally freaked the people out: no laptop, no internet connection, no television, no air condition. Nothing.  What more after 18 years?
These are facts according to a six-month research of GMA 7’s documentary, ‘Oras Na’ hosted by Richard Gutierrez.
I have a wide imagination that the docu scared the heck out of me, I am still relatively young (33 years old) by the time the Earth has reached its limit. Thirty three years of existence? I could still imagine myself having a career and building my own family. Oh my God! By the time I have my own children, they would not see the beauty of the world anymore.
Everyone has deadlines to beat and meet that people overlook the Earth’s own cut-off date.  I hope it’s not too late to beat the world’s ‘deadtime’.

P.S. Documentaries like Oras Na are so illuminating and scary-in-a-good-way that it ought to be televised earlier so that more can watch!!!
Everything shall perish under the sun…

*photo grabbed from google

No comments: