Saturday, November 12, 2011

fate

Call me loser or anything, but I just had finished watching 500 Days of Summer a while ago. I thought it was beautiful. Okay, ‘beautiful’ is such a blah word, but for the lack of better adjective let’s leave it that way.
My friends said that it wasn’t that good, that the movie was very indie-ish, but on the contrary if I were to rate it, I would give the storyline a perfect score.
500 Days of Summer is not a love story we’re all used to, rather it’s a coming-of-age anecdote on how one comes into perspective about a very profound subject-- love.
Tom, the protagonist, thought all along that Summer, his love interest, was her destiny that until they broke up he would not admit that they were really not just meant for each other.
I liked how the movie ended, when Tom somehow, has come full circle. He met a would-be lover, Autumn (yeah, what a cliché.)
It just goes to show that sometimes, we overlooked some things in front of us, those that are more important, because we keep on chasing on what we thought was that something we’re looking for.  (Did I explain myself clearly? Whatever. LOL.)
Tom: “I’ve never seen you before.”
Autumn: “Maybe you weren’t looking.”


***
On the other news, it’s only less than 10 weeks before my graduation. Oh my goodness!

No comments: