Wednesday, June 1, 2011

lemme veer away...

Help. I think I’m loosing losing my ability in writing features. I used to compose essays with flowery words, musical sentences, emotional tones (my teacher told me these are the secret ingredients of an effective feature article, which I guess is not a secret anymore) …but today I was asked to write a creative piece and yet here I am blogging and ranting my incapacity to create a decent article worthy for publication. After typing words, I ended up deleting them hence a blank document. And so, I opened a new tab and searched for random blogs to follow. I envy how they manage to create creative chronicles.


The problem I think rooted from too much writing of staid and straight news articles. For years, I was taught, trained, and asked to write straightforward, emotionless, and unopinionated articles. Okay, i’m not blaming anything here. News writing has always been my first love but…but my profs told us that it is the basic of all writing levels. Kumbaga sa mall, ground floor. And before one gets to another step which is features, training muna. So, the solution is to write and write and write. Hence, I must keep updating this striving and follower-less blog of mine, yes? *talks to self and nod*

---
My brother brought home a copy of UP’s newspaper ‘ThePhilippine Collegian’, the issue was satirical and comical which veered away from our Varsi’s serious tone. A few days ago my colleague Eli brought Ateneo’s ‘The Guidon’, like UP’s they had a special issue that meant to satirize issues within their campus and that of the national affairs. It was called ‘The Tanga: ang katangahan ng mga Artenista’.
A few decades ago, during martial law, UST produced a similar ish, ‘Vuisitarian’. But today like I said its business is more serious and educational. I wonder when will Varsi, Flame, or Journalese produce a peculiar issue. I suggest we do it for a change!

But for now, my wordless word docu is calling my attention. KBYE.

No comments: