Friday, June 24, 2011

gastadora

No, I didn’t see a ghost, I saw a sign.

I look like this whenever I see a “sale” sign posted at the malls. I was supposed to do shopping today (SM had their three-day sale)but thanks to the heavy downpour, I cancelled my agenda. Sad!

Call me superficial, brat, spoiled, and whathaveyous, but shopping is one of my ‘hobbies’. Pake mo ba, pera ko naman ‘to?

My occupied most of the spaces of our shoe rack and I have the most number of closets in our house. My brother would always say kung mamamasko daw ba ako dahil palaging bago yung mga damit ko. Then I remembered, men don’t like complicated clothing. They prefer simple and nonchalant outfit over the frivolous ones. I remember my boy friend would always tease me if I’m going to attend a party, samantalang magkikita lang naman kaming dalawa.

I can’t help it guys! I would rather be overdressed than under.

Yesterday, I was looking for a cardigan because it was raining hard and wearing one would give me an excuse to use one of my cover-ups. I was rummaging through the heaps of clothes when I realized that some of them were as good as new. Yung iba hindi ko pa totally nagagamit. Ako pa ang nagugulat na aba meron pala akong ganito!

“I would not leave a mall empty-handed,” this has become my fashion mantra whenever my family would visit a shopping center. Heck, my fashion items grew right before my very eyes. I bought this yellow flats from Maldita out of whim then later on realized it was hard to pair up with. I think, I used it three times pa lang.
 My internship last summer taught me the art of thrifting! Yay. I was never allowed to do some ukay-ukay, ewan ko kay Mama. My co-interns were looking for a dress because they were going to cover the Philippine Fashion Week, so I tagged along and was happy to score my first thrifted item—a sheer top from Korea for P35 only. Na hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko pa din nagagamit.
Ewan, maybe I have this lustayin-ang-pera-sa-damit-at-kung-anu-ano-pa syndrome.

*shocked girl photo from this.

No comments: