Wednesday, April 27, 2011

rubbing elbows with stellars


Too bad I didn’t have any digi cam at hand, I couldn’t use my phone for I treated it as my recorder. LOL. Instead, I used this image from google for the lack of eye candy.

April 27, 2011= first day of field reporting with DFA as my beat.

Since I didn’t have any mentor to guide me with my first day of deployment, the reporter from Philippine Star Ms. Pia Barog, together with her own trainees, Jenn Ferrer jrn4 and Yeye of St. Scho, tagged me along US Embassy to cover the opening of their new annex. Owing to my monotonous first day, I gladly joined the invitation. * Note: I entered DFA exactly at 8 a.m. and nobody was inside the Press office, they arrived at around 10, imagine how ecstatic I was upon their arrival!


It was my time to go inside US Embassy or any delegation at that. Their security was tight, the strictest embassy according to Ms. Pia. The new annex and the Embassy as a whole, is the second largest US commission in the planet, after (if I heard it right) that in Mexico.


Fast forward to the stellar guests of the event: Manila Vice Mayor Isko Moreno, Augusto Zobel de Ayala, singers Ogie Alcasid, Jaya, Nina, Leah Salonga, Raissa Laurel (the amputated lawyer student), and former ABS-CBN reporter Adrian Ayalin were present in the gathering. I was stars struck! 0___0

Isko Moreno was very stunning. Boy, he was handsome. He left me drooling. Maybe that’s why he won the mayoral position. LOL. LOL. LOL.


Another bonus: I was able to submit two articles, wonder if they’ll be published tomorrow.

No comments: