Friday, June 8, 2012

present tense


The back-to-school mood and the rainy days that June bring render me to contemplate on what the future may bring.  
“Life will not wait for you. Hindi ka hihintayin. ‘WAG KANG MAGMAMAGANDA SA BUHAY. ‘WAG MO S’YANG PAGMAMAGANDAHAN.” 
Ferdie Lopez, my Literature professor, said in his Twitter account. It was comically stated but thought provoking nonetheless: seize the day and grab every opportunity that knocks on our doors.  
I believe that it takes time, courage and patience before a person can look back on the pavement he has made throughout the course of life and see the fruits of his labor. However, the impromptu episodes in the itinerary of life add color, excitement and test a person’s faith on how firm his dreams are.
Experience, this will earn me personal and career growths. Nobody knows what the future is. Is it exciting? Scary, perhaps? Both, I guess both…
Notwithstanding, we are of the present tense. 

No comments: