Friday, June 15, 2012

Go!


I have to start somewhere.

Barely three months after my graduation, ‘clairvoyance’ sided on me, I think I was somehow, able to see what could happen in the next two years and what my possible career options were. I had the chance to look into myself, assess my capacity and affirm what I want (at least, for the time being) and what I really picture myself to be.

I ought to start somewhere.

The past 90 days have been a rollercoaster ride—one day felt like forever, I thought I was already left behind, career-wise. I was so eager to jumpstart my life outside the university. I was excited.  
Lucky enough, the odds were on my side, many good opportunities knocked at my door. Events, although turned as they were because of personal lapses. I was a chicken, scared of what is and what might become. I guess, it’s just that I pictured myself already successful…to soon. Too soon, that I overlooked the idea that I have to take baby steps and start from the bottom.

And thus, I am starting somewhere.

 “It’s not that you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s just that you want to do everything (at the same time),” I read somewhere.

When you are past your teenage years but not yet an adult adult, you could not help but be carefree and juggle everything at once—thinking that you can handle them all, given the passion and energy of a twenty-something juvenile.

I want to travel. I want to be a writer/editor. I will take my Masteral, soon. I want to teach in UST. I want a love life. I want my own car. New clothes, every day. I want to be a speechwriter… I want and I will.

However, for the meantime, I have to be a jack-of-all-trades first, before I can successfully juggle my wide array of dreams. Para kahit saan, pwede mo akong isabak.

I guess, I have my father as my model: personality-wise and in terms of career-life. He is street-smart, a character which I am not. All my life, I have overflowing family support that I think I have grown a brat. And a street-smart ass, I will learn as I plunge into the working population and into the real bigger world.

Life is not all rainbows and butterflies, honey.

He is a people person, which again I am not. My father has dealt with persons from all walks of life. While, I have only dealt with friends, family and myself. If I want to be a good communicator, my parents always tell me, practice my verbal skills.

My father is a tough cookie. Well, I would like to see myself as one, but I am nothing compared to his experiences, he has been through vicissitudes while I am just about to start. I guess, a low-graded essay back in high school, doesn’t count?

With these I end, because I ought to start somewhere. #

No comments: