Sunday, September 18, 2011

name-fetish

What's in a name?
Call me vain, but i hate it whenever people mispell my name. Yeah, i know it isn't spelled the usual way and even I, hate it! But at least, show some respect and write my name right.

A little history: way back when my mother is still in college, she says she scribbles my would-be name in her notes, folders, and papers. And truth behold, the folder with the doodle of my name is still kept in our house. But until today, i don't understand why she has to complicate things. #bakitganun

Anyway, i don't know why i get offended when people err in writing my name. Yes, it's too tedious to write-- double K and C. I perfectly understand that you would prefer to baptize me and spell N-I-K-I or Nicky or Nikky or Nikki (the list goes on...). I do get this feeling, (pardon me if i sound too shallow) that the people who do not write it the way it should be, take me for granted. HAHA. I mean, spelling na nga lang, itama mo naman! Bakit yung iba, tama naman.

No comments: