Wednesday, October 10, 2012

perks of the perks of being a wallflower


Stephen Chbosky’s “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” is one of the movie-tie-in-fictions that I liked even more when translated to a 120-minute episode.

Chbosyky’s was just another coming-of-age novels that I read two years ago, I could not even help but compare it with the “Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger.

However, the movie was able to adopt the essential parts of the book and inject exciting scenes and dialogues that added flare and flair to the original version.

Lorgan Lerman, Esra Miller, and Emma Watson furthermore brought to life the characters of Charlie, Patrick, and Sam.

The film taught me the value of living in the moment and savoring each instant—because days just seem to just pass us by.

"There are people who forget what it’s like to be 16 when they turn 17. I know these will all be stories someday. And our pictures will become old photographs. We’ll all become somebody’s mom or dad.But right now these moments are not stories. This is happening, I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you’re listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment I swear, we are infinite.”
 
                                                                          – Perks of Being a Wallflower


The quotation above, if my memory serves me right, was not in the novel, which made me love the film more than the book because those are my favorite lines! 

I guess it’s wrong to generalize that movies degrade and damage the concept of the paperbacks. 

from tumblr


No comments: