Wednesday, August 3, 2011

expectations and connections

I guess, I set my standards too high on the Cinemalaya entry, "Babae sa Septic Tank," because it recently won the Best Direction and Best Screen Play plus Eugene Domingo, an effective actress, starred the movie. With all the raves it was getting, I thought that it would met my expectations--sadly it didn't.
I would not spoil you and summarize the whole story, go watch it yourself and share me what you think.
Action-wise, nobody could contest with the performance of Eugene, JM de Guzman and Kean Cipriano. I was shocked that Cipriano could really act. Congrats, Kean.
Anyhow, the movie did not disappoint on making its audience laugh. I loved how Eugene played her character well. I thought that JM and Kean also justified their respective characters as producer and director. In addition, the lines were well written and appeared as though not scripted.
But the entire movie, sadly bored me. CJ and Alex, my bading friends, echoed my sentiments.
I don't know why, but i think the concept of the film: a movie-within-a-movie, was yes, new and fresh in the local movie industry, but i thought that it was too shallow.
Nonetheless, the P140-movie was worth it if, laughtrip ang hanap mo. 
***
My closests friends do know my obsession with any kind of accessories. My current love: connector rings. Photos from here

No comments: